As seen on The Project The Kiwi Winter Pack is designed as an add on to the Getting Lost Game and is the perfect Winter add on.
The Kiwi Winter Edition is all about giving you inspiration when you are out and about exploring this Winter. Purposefully nostalgic and cosy the Winter Edition has loads of the things we all did on Winter Road Trips when we were young like building dams, jumping in puddles, collecting treasure and heading for the patch of blue sky. We’ve also teamed up with some of the players of our game (thanks Gabrielle, Rachel, Beth, Kieren, Polly, Rochelle and Bonnie) to make sure that we get misdirections that you and the family will love this Winter.
The Kiwi Winter Edition is designed as an add on to an existing Getting Lost Game but could be combined with the Booster Pack for a shorter version of the game. We recommend for maximum adventure though you use it as a booster with the main game.
Which option do I choose?
Naked – choose this option if you are purchasing a case and are happy for us to put the 10 cards inside this case (note each case will fit one additional booster pack only) or if you are happy for us to send them out with just a rubber band.
Wrapped – choose this option for gifting, if you are buying multiple packs or if you just want each of your Booster Packs in their own custom designed packs (they look pretty cool!)
So what is the Getting Lost Game?
Purposefully offline, The Getting Lost Game is designed to inspire adventures and get people out of what they know and explore that untravelled path.
Designed by James and I, the Getting Lost Game gives you random directions to discover new places where ever you are in the country.
There are no rules to the game and the ways you can play it are endless and entirely adaptable to the person playing the game.
Here’s some ideas we’ve had though…
- For quick play, pick a new direction card at each intersection
- For a game that lasts a couple of hours pick a new card every 5 minutes
- Want to keep it simple? Just keep in the direction cards (left, right, north, south etc) and take out the trickier ones
- Looking for a weekend get away? Play the game until you get the “head for home” card and then find a hotel or campground in what ever town you are in when you get the card
- Don’t want to stop for treats? Take the treat and drink card out before you start playing
- Want to be totally unplugged? There is only one card that requires the internet (Google the word lake) so just take that one out
- Send the kids off for a walk with the game to explore new places
- Arrive in a new city and set off walking with the cards – take a new direction at each intersection
- Want to surprise someone? Add in your own card in the middle (seriously – anyone looking for a proposal card please let us know – we’ll make you one!)
Each card measures 91mm x 55mm and this pack has 10 misdirection cards. This edition does not include the inspiration cards on the other side.
Please remember to play the game responsibly and make sure that you stay safe and able to get yourself back home at all times. The compass is a toy designed for playing the game only so please don’t rely on this for directions.